Report : 2016 -17
- Committee members met few times in the month of June and July to review the plans for the year 2016- 17 and to discuss the conduct of annual alumni meet
- Data base of the Alumni was updated
- Annual Alumni meet was held on 20th Aug in St Joseph’s auditorium. Dr. Radhika Senior Scientist from National Institute of Nutrition (NIN) who is one of our distinguished alumnus from Department of Nutrition was the chief guest of the day. Sr.P. Amrutha, Principal addressed the alumni and encouraged them to contribute their expertise and talents to their Alma mater. Dr. Rani George , Convener of the Alumni Committee gave the report of the activities for the year 2015 – 16 which was followed by scintillating cultural programmes , games and talent shows. Over alumni attended the programme and enjoyed reliving their nostalgic memories. . Principal felicitated all the alumni staff on this occasion.
- English Department organized an alumni programme Premamalini , Input editor of TV 9 who delivered a guest lecture on Media and Anchoring for all BA students.
- On 31st August, Ms. Syeda ZainabHussaini Alumnus of our department who is a Registered Dietician and currently working as a Clinical Dietitian at St Jospeh Health’s St Jude medical Center in the US was invited to come and give a talk on future prospects in the Nutrition and Dietetics field and motivated the PG and UG students with her experiences and her career journey.
- Micro biology Department and Genetics Department also carried out career councselling programme by their alumni students
- Abhilasha Jain R D who is currently working as a Nutritionist in Dynamin Coand who is one of the proud alumni of Department of Nutrition, sponsored the Faculty Focus workshop programme organized by the Department. She also spoke on the importance of Neutraceuticals
- Radha Reddy consultant dietician from Sunshine hospitals who is one of the first batch students of Department of Nutrition delivered a talk on Evidence based Nutrition during Faculty development workshop.
- of BBM organized a guest lecture by Dr. V.Sudha Associate professor , Department of Business Administration, OU. She is an Alumni from MBA Department.
- Alumni association sponsored the education of few economically weak students and paid an amount of Rs. 23,500/- towards payment of fees.
- Alumni association also instituted gold medals for UG and PG toppers.
Report : 2015-16
- Alumni committee members had three rounds of meetings in the month of june and July 2015 to chalk out various programmes for the year.
- A database of all the alumni was made by the help of ICT Department of the college
- Annual Alumni meet was held in a very grant scale on Aug 22nd sat 2015 from 9.30- 12.30pm in the St Joseph’s auditorium. There was overwhelming response from the alumni and over 450 students turned up on that day. Distinguished alumni Mrs. Annapurna, Ms.HimaVarsha, Ms.Monisha Gupta from various faculties were invited to share their experiences. Sr Principal Dr. Sr. Amrutha addressed the gathering and Dr. Rani George, convener of the Alumni committee gave the report of the alumni activities. Various scintillating cultural programmes, games, talent shows all added to the fun filled day.
- Deepa, consultant Nutritionist who is one of the distinguished alumni of Department of Nutrition delivered a series of guest lectures for the students of PG Diploma in Nutrition and Dietetics from 24th to 28th Aug 2015
- Alumni association helped three needy student of UG and PG by providing Rs 27000 towards their term fees.
- Department of Biochemistry organized a career counselling session by Prathima, Neha and Sadaf of 2014 batch Alumni students on Career Opportunities in Health Care Sector on Sep 10th
- Department of Microbiology organized a career counseling by B. SaiKruthi (GCM) an alumni regarding prospects in the field of Molecular Biology.
- Gold medals instituted by Alumni Association for UG and PG were distributed in the award ceremony during Annofesta, in Dec 2015.
Report: 2014 – 15
- Annual Alumni meet 2014 was held on Sep 13th and over 350 students turned up and Dr.Iravathy our distinguished Alumni Head ,Department of Molecular Biology and Genetics at Apollo Hospitals . Jubilee Hills was the chief guest for the day. The day was filled with fun and celebrations with variety of cultural programmes and games etc.
- One of our distinguished alumni of the Department of Nutrition, Dr. Deepa, consultant Nutritionist, at Nova Hospitals, Jubilee Hills was instrumental in organizing a one day State Level Symposium on” Weight Loss and Obesity Management” at The Park hotel on 29thJune 2014 . Dr. Rani George along with 20 final year NCB and NCZ students attended this programme. This was a great initiative by Dr. Deepa to give her juniors an opportunity to have a greater exposure in the field of Nutrition and career prospects for the same
- Another distinguished alumni ofDepartment of Genetics Dr.Iravathy, currently working as the Head of Department of Molecular Biology and Genetics at Apollo Hospitals . Jubilee Hills gave an opportunity to two students from II year BBC to undergo 45 days summer internship in her department .The students benefited extremely from this experience.
- On Aug 18th there was an interaction of Alumni students with UGC Autonomy committee team which was very well appreciated.
- Department of Biochemistry organized a guest lecture by an Alumni of MCZ (2006 batch) MS.Sahaja on Clinical Research- Career prospects.
- IravathyHead , Department of Molecular Biology and Genetics at Apollo Hospitals who is also the Vice president of the Alumni Association of our College was invited by Department of Biochemistry for a guest lecture on Molecular Diagnostics on Nov 15th 2014 and shared her expertise with all Students.
- Department of Nutrition organized an Alumni Programme by inviting distinguished Alumni students to talk about the career options and the work experience as Dietitians in The students invited were Dr. Deepa, Chief Dietitian, Asian Bariatrics, Ms.Fathma, Dietitian, Care Hospitals, and AminaMajid doing M.Sc. Nutrition from Madina degree college.
- Alumni association also instituted one more gold medal for overall topper In BBA and contributed Rs16,500 towards this. All the other gold medals instituted by Alumni Association for UG and PG were distributed in the award ceremony during Annofesta, in Dec 2014.
Report: 2013- 2014
Annsoiree”, the regular annual meet of annites, was held on 31st August, 2013 at St. Ann’s College for Women, Mehdipatnam, Hyderabad which was a grand success. To commemorate 30 years of the inception of the college the theme selected for the meet was “30 YEARS of SUCCESS”. Ex-annites of the past 3 decades (1983 to 2013) had a pleasant home coming about 310 turned out. Annites like Premamalini input editor of a leading TV Channel TV 9 of 1992 batch, G.Jayaprada CEO of Padmalaya studios of 1993, and many others graced the occasion. The reunion celebrations was marked with a kaleidoscopic of dances, skits, retro, quiz, video presentation about college, a special program by Alumni faculty – Cat Walk, Talent show for the exannites. The alumni felt being at home once again, actively taking part in various games and events. The special attraction of the event.was few annites both mothers of 1983 batch and daughters of 2013(I year) coming on to the dias.
- Pooja Nair Bsc Microbiology student of the 2001 batch gave a guest lecture on communication skills to the II and III yr computer science students in the month of Nov 2013
- A free corporate wellness program was organised in collaboration with Dr.Batra’s for all teaching and non teaching staff on 24th October,2013 in the health centre which included free consultation and screening by experts from their clinic. One of our Alumni Ms.Zubeda Sana helped in organizing the programme
- LataReddy ,president of the alumni Association helped in organizing placement programme with CVR English news channel on Nov 5th 2013 in the college premises.
- Premamalini our distinguished alumni from B.Com 1992 batch delivered a guest lecture on “Career opportunities in Media” which was organized by the Department of Commerce on Nov 7th 2013
- Our well placed Alumni as dietitians from the Department of Nutrition helped in arranging intern ship and placements for our students.
- Alumni association instituted a gold medal for overall topper from this year and contributed Rs.16,500 towards the same. Also various medals for UG and PG instituted by the Alumni association wasdistributed during the annual awards function in Dec 2013.
Reflections by a few ex - annites:
- PremaMalini of 1992 batch of Commerce, felt the inputs, the support, the extracurricular activities her participation the encouragement she received made her what she is today.
- Suma Rao 1993 batch of Arts, Director- training Stanley David And Associates, Bangalore and few others reckoned, that the infrastructure, the library, the sports, the gym, the labs and other facilities in the college have been augmented multifold than what they have witnessed earlier.
Report: 2012- 13
Annual Alumni meet was held successfully on Sep 1st 2012 Saturday. Over 300 students of all the years attended the meet.Dr. Sr. K. Anthonama encouraged the alumni students to connect with the College and to contribute their expertise. Chief guest for the occasion was our illustrious alumni Mrs. Latha Reddy, CEO Deepadithya Builders.
Election for the next term was conducted and the executive board members elected for the next term were
President : Mrs. Latha Reddy CEO, Deepaditya Builders ( B.Com. 1990 Batch)
Vice President :Dr. Iravathi. K Head, Department of Molecular Biology and Cytogenetics, Appollo Hospitals (GCZ 1992 Batch)
General Secretary :Ms. Premamalini , Input editor TV 9 (B.Com. )
Joint Secretary :Ms.Divya RajenManaging Director,ECMAS
Treasurer :Mrs. Anuradha ( Senior Faculty, Department of Commerce)
- Alumni sponsored free Dental Camp was organised in the month of July by Dr.Ekta Chandra for all the staff and students.
- In the month of Sep there was an interaction of illustrious alumni with NAAC peer team which was very well appreciated.
- An alumni sponsored guest lecture on “Stem cell donation and its implication” in collaboration with Apollo hospitals was organized in the college on 8th Dec 2012 by Dr.Iravathi , Head, Department of Molecular Biology at Apollo hospitals. All the Biotechnology and Biochemistry students attended the session and was highly benefited.
- Alumni association sponsored gold medals for UG and PG was distributed during the award ceremony on 22nd Dec 2012.