NCC (National Cadet Corps)
- To develop qualities of character, courage, comradeship, discipline, leadership, secular outlook, spirit of adventure and sportsmanship and the ideals of selfless service among the youth to make them useful citizen.
- To create a human resource of organised trained and motivated youth to provide leadership in all walks of life including the Armed services and be always available for the service of the nation.
Training programs -
Drill, shooting, Physical fitness, map reading, First aid, Gliding/Flying, boat pulling, sailing and camp training covering basic of military training in Army. This training is mostly carried out in colleges by the cadets. In addition basic knowledge of the service is imparted to the cadets.
NCC Cadets have attended the 3 ATC camps conducted by our Battalion 1(T) Girls BN NCC at BTG, Hyderabad from.
No. of camps attended: 29
- HarshithaRaju cleared the SSB interview and has attended SSB camp at Gwalior in May’16. After her final year she is expected to get a job in the armed forces.
- The blood donation camp was organized by 1(T) ArmdSqn and 1(T) EME unit NCC, Secunderabad group on 14 June 2016 at AP and T Directorate, Secunderabad.
- Telangana Ku Haritha Haram, formally launched by Telangana Chief Minister Sri K. Chandrashekar Rao on July 3, 2015.1-2-3-4 , Plant a tree once more" slogan was greatly taken as an initiative by our cadets. Our cadets took part in planting saplings.
- NCC cadets volunteered for a National Seminar on “Equity, Access & Inclusion – Transforming Rural India through Financial Inclusion” by Former Hon’bleGovernor, RBI Dr.RaghuramRajan.
- In view of creating awareness on “Telangana Ku Haritha Haram” charts were made and displayed on different aspects of the programme. For that, NCC cadets participated actively on a march to Santoshnagar colony (LIC Colony park), Mehdipatnam. Along with Baba Fasiuddin team (GHMC Deputy Mayor), our Principal Dr. Sr. Amrutha, Deans, Coordinator and NCC cadets planted saplings at LIC park and within the college campus.
- NCC conducted a workshop for students on “Yoga” on 21st July 2016 on the occasion of International Yoga Day..
- The Awareness Programme by NALSA ,Legal Services to the Victims of Drug Abuse and Eradication of Drug Menace Scheme, 2015 conducted on 27-7-2016 at 9.00 A.M. at St. Ann’s College for Women, Mehdipatnamin co-ordination with Amritha Foundation Society.
- The Hon’bleSri Justice V. Ramasubramanian, Judge High Court of Judicature at Hyderabad for the States of Telangana and Andhra Pradesh and Executive Chairman, Telangana State Legal Services Authority, Hyderabad had attended the programme as Chief Guest.
- Sri N. Balayogi, Chairman-cum-Chief Judge, City Civil Court, Hyderabad,Sri A. Venkateshwar Reddy, Member Secretary, Telangana State Legal Services Authority, Hyderabad, Sri M. Srinivas, IPS, Superintendent of Police, SCRB, (Narcotics) and Dr.Devika Rani, President of Amritha Foundation Society had attended the programme as guests
- Guest lecture on “Role of NCC cadets in society” was organized for all NCC Cadets by Ex NCC Cadet D.T.R Raju, Civil Contractor.
- NCC students had been to Golconda Fort as Traffic Volunteers on the occasion of Independence Day Celebrations.
- Cadet P. Supriya attended ‘Army Attachment Camp’ at EME Centre, Bolaram from 1st September to 15th September 2016.
- ONCC cadet G.ROJA of St. Ann’s College for women has actively taken part in the THAL SAINIK CAMP, DELHI. She has attended different camps like IUC, IGC, ANANTAPUR CAMP, and TSC which were held at different places by different units.
- G. Roja won 8 medals in IUC, IGC-FIRING, TSC-TENT PITECHING i.e. gold and silver.
- ‘Pink Ribbon Walk’ was organized in coordination with ‘Usha Rani Foundation’. 30 NCC cadets participated in this walk at KBR Park
- shivaniChahar of B.Com 2nd year, B.SreeDattaVasavi of B.Sc 2nd year, C.Sindhu of B.A 2nd year, B.Shravani of intermediate, have attended the IUC(Inter Unit competition) at Bison polo grounds from 25th September to 1stOctober.ShivaniChahar won silver medal in ‘Best Cadet Competition’ in IUC.
- Aniketa – B.Sc MPCs 2nd year, has attended the SNIC (Special National Integration Camp) at Kakinada from 9th October to 19th October 2016. Aniketa has done Piloting, and also participated in all cultural activities & drill.
- Workshop on life skills by RGNIYD, Regional centre, Chandigarh was conducted on 17th -21st Jan’17 by the college NCC Unit and IQAC.
Report : 2015-16
1 unit, 1(T) Girls BN NCC, Secunderabad
Strength: 100 No. of camps attended: 40 NCC officer – Ms Lydia Marina
- On 15th Aug 2015, 34 NCC students had been to Golconda Fort as Traffic Volunteers on the occasion of Independence Day Celebrations.
- On 26th Aug 2015, an Institutional training was conducted by Sub Major Arokia Swamy and PI staff from 02:00 to 04:00 P.M.
- On 3rd Sep 2015, CO A. K. Das, Adm Officer Meenakshi, Sub Major Arokia Swamy, and NCC Officer SarojBala Thakur, visited our college for an orientation for the first year students.
- On 30th Sep 2015 – Interactive meet with DCP Ranganathan, ACP, and Traffic Inspector Srinivas Kumar.
Report : 2014-15
- Usha lakshmi Breast Cancer Foundation organised Pink Ribbon Walk at KBR Park on 12th October 2014 at 6.30 am to fight against Breast Cancer and to commemorate International Breast Cancer Awareness Month (October). On this occasion NCC Cadets participated in the Walk.
- On 15th 2014 NCC Cadets Participated in the event “Walk for Blind” Organized on the occasion of World White Cane Day Golden Day Celebrations.
- On the occasion of National Unity day on 31st October 2014. NCC cadets participated in “Walk for Unity” organized by the college.
- On the occasion on communal Harmony Campaign Week from 19th -25th November NCC Cadets collected donations.
Report : 2013-14
- Annual Training Camp On 10th - December, 2013
- National Integration Camp- Guwahati : Saroja Sree
- Youth Exchange Programme – Sri Lanka: SabreenBaig
Report : 2012-13
- 45 cadets attended the Annual Training Camp held in August 2012
- The Local Independence Day camp (LIDC) was attended by 15 cadets
- 5 cadets attended the Combined Annual Training Camp (CATC)
- 3 cadets attended the Specail National Integration Camp (SNIC), Kakinada
- Priyanka D. Patil attended the OTC camp held in Chennai
- Sri Vani and Praveena attended the All India ThalSainik Camp (TSC), Delhi
- Sabreen attended the Republic Day Camp (RDC) Delhi
- Cadets Priyanka D. Patil and AmatulWaheed attended the Prime Minister’s Rally, Delhi.
- National Voters Day
The college celebrated National Voters Day on the 24th January 2013. The Principal administered a pledge to the student community. The department of English organized essay writing and elocution competitions on Anti Corruption.