Report: 2016 – 17
- Ms Rita Antony, Nurse in Charge carried out a training programme for selected students of Dept of Genetics to check blood pressure using sphygmomanometer for the sake of carrying out research projects.
- Thyroid camp for students was held on July 29 th in collaboration with Abbot India Ltd for a very subsidized rate of Rs 50 and the response was overwhelming.
- Complete Health check up Camp for staff both teaching and nonteaching was held July 30th by Abbot India Ltd at a very subsidized rates. Free consultation was given by the physician for all the staff .
- Guest lecture by Dr Dyana ,Consultant Gyneic oncologist from Apollo hospital on 28th Sep for students and staff on cervical cancer. Free consultation was provided for the staff and students by Dr Dyana .
- A free Dental Camp was held on 21st and 22nd oct in collaboration with Denta Shine Dental care centre along with Pepsodent Company for all the students and staff.
Report : 2015-16
- A Dental Camp was organized on 19th sep 2015 for all the staff and students in collaboration with Sujatha Dental care, Mehdipatnam. Discount coupons were given for staff and students for any treatment in their clinic.
- Rita Antony along with Zoology dept staff and students helped in conducting anemia check up in the Govt Zilla parishad school on 21-9-15.
- A complete health Screening Camp was carried out for all the staff members in collaboration with Dr C which included blood test for various lifestyle disorders like obesity , hypertension, diabetes and thyroid disorders for a subsidized rates.
- A health awareness programme was carried out for all nonteaching staff regarding various lifestyle disorders and communicable disease on Oct 8th 2015 by Dr Ammajee, Medical Officer , Golconda Govt Hospital.
- A Cardiology Camp was organized in collaboration with care Hospitals Banjara Hills on Dec 5th for all teaching and non teaching staff where tests for random blood sugar, ECG and 2 D Echo was carried out. Free consultation was provided by Cardiologist, Gynaecologist and Internal medicine was provided by experts.
- Haemoglobin and Blood sugar tests are being carried out on a regular basis at very subsidized rates
- On June 26th, in connection with World Drugs day an awareness drive was conducted by displaying various posters related to alcoholism, drug addiction, smoking and its ill effects.
- A complete Health checkup programme was conducted on July 24th for all the teaching and nonteaching staff and following blood tests were carried out. Lipid profile, Diabetic profile, Renal profile, liver profile, haemogram, thyroid profile etc More than 40 staff members availed the facility and health counseling was given.
- In collaboration with LV Prasad Eye Institute “ Complete Eye Screening“ Programme was carried out in the Health centre for the students on 22nd and 23rd aug 2014. The response was overwhelming and free spectacles were given for students with vision problem.
- A Nutrition Counselling programme was carried out for staff by Mrs Jyothi Chabria on Sep 9th in the Health centre . Many nutritional supplements also were distributed
- A Thyroid Screening programme was carried out for staff and students in collaboration with Abbot Pharma Co Pvt Ltd on 31st Oct and 1st Nov . More than 350 students and staff took part in the screening programme. Free consultation was also provided by an endocrinologist.
- A health insurance awareness programme was organized for all the teaching and non teaching staff on 14th Nov 2104 in collaboration with Star Health Insurance co Pvt ltd
- Ms Rita Antony Nurse in charge helped in conducting anemia checkup in the nearby Government School along with Zoology Dept staff and students.
- A Dental health Camp was organized for all the staff and students on 28th and 29th Nov in Collaboration with Denty’s Oral Health care ltd and students and staff were given discount coupons for dental treatment.
- Ms Rita Antony helped the NSS committee in the conduct of Blood Donation Camp on Dec 6th in the health centre.
- Preventive homeo medicine for Swine flu were distributed in the health centre on 2nd and 3rd of Feb 2015
- A Free Bone Mineral Density Camp was organised for all the teaching and non teaching women staff of Degree, PG and Junior College on 24th August, 2013.The camp was supported by Emcure Pharmaceuticals Ltd.
- A free corporate wellness program was organised in collaboration with Dr. Batra’s for all teaching and non teaching staff on 24th October,2013
- A Cancer Awareness programme was organised on 31st October as the month of October is identified as breast cancer awareness month.A guest speakers were Dr Praveen Reddy, surgical Oncologist and Dr Sharada, Gynaecologist from Continental Hospitals Gachibowli who spoke extensively on Breast cancer
- Conducted a health camp and anaemia check up along with Zoology dept in a nearby Govt. school in Mehdipatnam on 6th Nov 2013
- A guest lecture was organised on 15th Dec for all the staff members on the topic “Stroke and other Neurological Disorders” by Dr Ranganatham, Neurosurgeon from Yashoda Hospitals.
- A two day Health camp was organised on 28 and 29 July 2012 in Collaboration with R V Centre for Diabetes. A team of health experts consisting of a Doctor, Dietician and Physiotherapist was available for free consultation. Blood test included Thyroid profile screening, blood sugar and haemoglobin test. In addition there was Poster Presentation and interactive session.
- As part of the Breast cancer awareness month P.G.Diploma students were taken to Apollo Cancer Hospital Jubilee Hills on 22 October 2012 accompanied by Mrs. Rani George and Miss Rita Anthony , where they were exposed to various experts and Oncologists and cancer survivors.
- On 25 October a Breast Cancer awareness seminar was organised in the college for all the II and III yr Biological sciences students in the A.V. Room.The speaker Vijay Anand Reddy, Director , Apollo Cancer Hospitals spoke extensively on various aspects of Cancer and early detection of Breast Cancer.
- A life Saver Training Programme was organised in collaboration with Apollo Hospitals ,Jubilee Hills for the I Year B.A. , B.Com and B.Sc students on 12 November 2012 . In this programme free training on first aid and basic life support aspects were extensively covered.
- A free Dental and Eye camp was organised on 16’th and 17th December in collaboration with Vasan Dental and Eye Care, Banjara Hills for all the staff and students.