DIET COUNSELLING CELL
Department of Nutrition as part of its extension services launched the Diet CounsellingCell in the year 2006-7.The diet & nutrition counseling services are offered to the general public , parents of the students and staff of the institution.
- To provide students a platform for experiential learning
- To implement the theoretical knowledge into practice.
- To provide an easy access to nutritional advice to the com
The services are opened from 1:30 pm -2:30 pmevery day.The counseling is undertaken by the students on rotation under the guidance of faculty members. The students prepare and use the informative brochures and other graphic aids during counseling.
- Anthropometric measurements ( Height, Weight and Body fat analysis)
- Assessment of BMI
- Haemoglobin estimation, Blood glucose estimation(if required), Blood Pressure
- Diet Counselling as per the disorder(Obesity, Underweight, Anaemia, Hypertension, Diabetes, CVD and any other nutritional disorder.)