The individual’s whole experience is built upon the plan of his language.
To enable the students to comprehend the scope and power of English language and appreciate the aesthetics of literature.
To nurture ethical and analytical thinking.
- To enhance the learner’s linguistic skills of listening, speaking, reading and writing at the basic level and improve their proficiency at the advanced level.
- To give them a glimpse of the products and opportunities available in the English language market.
- To go beyond the printed page into digital technology for creative expressions.
- To prepare them for the English component of all the competitive exams with extensive vocabulary exercises and grammar.
- To make them savor the diversity and energy of the current renaissance in literary studies.
- To enable them to see literature through a new lens of historicism, feminism, psychoanalysis, cultural studies and textual criticism.
Priority areas for Research and details of the ongoing projects, important and noteworthy publications of the faculty, during past two years.
Priority area of Research
- Women’s studies
- Culture studies
- Language competencies
- Academic Research Project with LLLS (Regd ),Hyderabad-KEK Ltd, Hyderabad.
The specific objective of this research project is to acquire skill set and preparation of “Core Vocabulary “of about 4,000 contextual words in English language ,for students of classes 1 to 7 . Ms. Rema and Ms. Sunita
- Improving the reading skills of slow learners - Ms .Revathi
Highlights for the year 2019-20
- Organized a One-Day TSCHE sponsored National Conference on ‘Language, Literature and Media’ on the 6th September, 2019.
- A Workshop on ‘Reading and Writing’ was organised by HydRaw- Literary Club on 19.8.2019. The team members shared their experiences and gave practical tips to hone reading and writing skills.
- A Public speaking contest was conducted by EXCEL- JCI STAR SPEAKER 2019. Students were given interesting inputs on public speaking.