The individual’s whole experience is built upon the plan of his language.
To enable the students to comprehend the scope and power of English language and appreciate the aesthetics of literature.
To nurture ethical and analytical thinking.
- To enhance the learner’s linguistic skills of listening, speaking, reading and writing at the basic level and improve their proficiency at the advanced level.
- To give them a glimpse of the products and opportunities available in the English language market.
- To go beyond the printed page into digital technology for creative expressions.
- To prepare them for the English component of all the competitive exams with extensive vocabulary exercises and grammar.
- To make them savor the diversity and energy of the current renaissance in literary studies.
- To enable them to see literature through a new lens of historicism, feminism, psychoanalysis, cultural studies and textual criticism.
Priority areas for Research and details of the ongoing projects, important and noteworthy publications of the faculty, during past two years.
Priority area of Research
- Women’s studies
- Culture studies
- Language competencies
- Academic Research Project with LLLS (Regd ),Hyderabad-KEK Ltd, Hyderabad.
The specific objective of this research project is to acquire skill set and preparation of “Core Vocabulary “of about 4,000 contextual words in English language ,for students of classes 1 to 7 . Ms. Rema and Ms. Sunita
- Improving the reading skills of slow learners - Ms .Revathi
- The Department extended consultancy to EFLU, Hyderabad, Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University, Hyderabad and Rajiv Gandhi Knowledge Centre, IIIT, Hyderabad
- The Department conducted workshops and Guest lectures onJournalism, Film Appreciation and Creative writing every year with eminent resource persons like Shri. K.N.T. Shastri –film Director and recipient of National Awards, Shri. Mohana Krishna Indraganti-Film Director and a literary scholar and Ms. Uma Sudhir- NDTV Reporter.
- The Dept organized motivational talks by achievers, professionals and celebrities. To name a few
- Union Minister Ms. Purandeshwari
- Begum Bilkees Latif an author and social worker,
- Dr. Shanta Sinha winner of the prestigious Magsaysay award for her services to the cause of education,
- Nandita Das an actor and social worker
- The Dept along with the Centre for Women's Studies, of the college has established interdisciplinary collaboration with
- Center for Women’s Studies, Kansas university, Manhattan USA
- Center for Women’s Studies , University of Massachussets, Amherst , Massachussets, USA
The Dept has established a Clarity Digital Multi Media Language Lab, with 30 systems, an LCD, wi-fi connectivity and software.