A girl student of today, who is aware of life's processes shall become a successful career woman of tomorrow with highly desirable human qualities.
“RISE WITH ZEAL TO REACH THE ZENITH”
In tune with the institutional objectives, the department aims
- To provide inputs required to understand various branches of Zoology such as Systematics, Morphology, Anatomy, Embryology, Genetics, Evolution, Animal Physiology, Ecology, Ethnology, Sericulture, Fisheries, Immunology, Biotechnology etc. So that they can use this course as a launching pad to pursue advance studies in modern and contemporary fields.
- To develop overall personality of the students through value oriented counseling which will help them in facing the challenges of life.
- To inculcate a sense of social responsibility among the students by involving them in community service activities.
Areas of Research
- Water Analysis
- Environmental Toxicology
All the faculty members are actively engaged in presenting,publishing papers at various National and International conferences. Faculty members completed Minor Research Research projecs. Faculty members have taken up new projects.
Highlights of the Year 2017-18
- The Department is actively engaged in research and has under taken two UGC MRPs, one Collaborative research; two inter disciplinary and 12 research projects.
- The faculty of the Department received 14 Awards including National and International .
- Mrs.Tasneem Jahan was awarded with Ph.D in the year 2014 & Mrs.K.Tabassum was awarded with Ph.D in the year 2015
- The faculty published 44 research papers in National & International Peer-reviewed journals out of which 11 are UGC listed Journals.
- The Department has also organized a National Workshop on ‘’Training in Practical Skills’’ in 2016 and a National Conference on ‘’Emerging Trends in Life Sciences’’ in 2017.
- The Department established Vermicomposting unit in the college and involves Students in various activities like research projects, Sale of Vermicompost and an extension activity for Students of Govt High School, Bojagutta, Hyderabad, explaining them the importance of Vermicomposting. .
- The Department involves the Students in various research projects & Publications.
- The faculty and students of the department participated actively in community service programmes such as ‘Spread the Light’- A literacy programme and outreach program ‘’Estimation of Hemoglobin’’ to 9th & 10th Class girl students of Govt High School, Bojagutta, Hyderabad and ’Open day of Museum’’ to expose the different specimens present in the Museum “ANIMALIA” for High School Students. .
- The Department also institutes three gold medals every year to the students who achieve academic excellence.