A girl student of today, who is aware of life's processes shall become a successful career woman of tomorrow with highly desirable human qualities.
In tune with the institutional objectives, the department aims
- To provide inputs required to understand various branches of Zoology such as Systematics, Morphology, Anatomy, Embryology, Genetics, Evolution, Animal Physiology, Ecology, Ethnology, Sericulture, Fisheries, Immunology, Biotechnology etc. So that they can use this course as a launching pad to pursue advance studies in modern and contemporary fields.
- To develop overall personality of the students through value oriented counseling which will help them in facing the challenges of life.
- To inculcate a sense of social responsibility among the students by involving them in community service activities.
Areas of Research
- Water Analysis
- Environmental Toxicology
All the faculty members are actively engaged in presenting,publishing papers at various National and International conferences. Faculty members completed Minor Research Research projecs. Faculty members have taken up new projects.
- The department is actively engaged in research and has under taken two UGC MRPs, one Collaborative, two inter disciplinary and three student research projects.
- The faculty of the department received 13 Awards in the last five years.
- The faculty published 11 papers in reputed journals.
- The department organized an International Conference, ICBE-2010.
- They also authored two text books and one laboratory manual.
- The department also established Vermicomposting units in the college and in the Government School, Bundlaguda, Hyderabad under extension programme.
- The faculty and students of the department participated actively in community service programmes such as ‘Spread the Light’- A literacy programme and estimation of Hemoglobin for school children.
- The department also instituted three gold medals to the students, who achieved academic excellence.