To provide a personalized learning environment and meaningful learning experiences that foster academic excellence, instill ethics and values, and encourage a lifelong love of learning.
- First to receive a UGC grant to start an Add on Certificate course Skills in 2008. The eight batch of students is currently undergoing skills training.
- A full fledged Counseling cell, with qualified counselors offering counseling services to the college and outside community, and running a training course in counseling skills, has enabled the department to move beyond teaching, into the applied field and be of service to the larger society.
- The Department has been in the forefront in the usage of modern teaching methods and has incorporated ICT enabled teaching into its regular curriculum.
- Orientation for new Colleges for teaching both theory and practicals.
- The HOD has been on the Board of Studies – Psychology, Osmania University for many years and has contributed to the discussions on changes made to both the UG and PG courses offered by the University.
- Lata Subramanya is a resource person for Universities - EFLU, BRAOU, IGNOU and NGOs such as Roshni, Seva, and Sai Krishna Teja Foundation.
Completed Research Project
- Lata Subramanya is co-investigator, with Manjula Rao, Department of French, “An exploratory study to measure and identify factors affecting adjustment in college students at entry level.”
- A Case Study of a Male Tennis Player – National Conference of Sports Psychology, OU, Hyderabad.
- “ Psyche meets Nature” at the International Conference “Land, Culture, and Knowledge Systems”, jointly organized by OSLE – India & St. Ann’s College
- "Exploring the Interpersonal Context of Adolescent Depression" at UGC sponsored National Workshop “Counseling Initiatives and Recent in Varied Settings” held at St. Francis College, Hyderabad.
- To appreciate the value of psychological science in society
- To lay the foundations for a scientific perspective and create awareness about the observational and research skills necessary to pursue the science of psychology
- To develop critical thinking skills and the ability to express oneself effectively in written and oral communication
- To provide a greater understanding of human behaviour which is a prerequisite for harmonious existence in society.