To provide the students with knowledge and mental skills to enable them to act intelligently as citizens, conscious of their rights and obligations.
- To groom the students in sound analytical tools and contextual study of political institutions and ideas.
- The concepts, strategies and methods should be understood by the students in depth with a view to ensure their practical application.
- To focus more on methodology
- To take appropriate measures for promoting inter-disciplinary studies
- To instill in students a lifelong sense of participation, involvement and satisfaction as contributors to the wider developmental endeavors.
- St. Ann’s College for Women was graded as one of the premier institution in South India for pursuing B.A. in Arts by India Today in 2010.
- Along with its collaborator COVA the department reached out to all communal harmony programmes.
- The department of Political Science celebrated Silver Jubilee in the year 2010-2011
- The department was a part of the activities’ of Dhruti, Centre for Women Studies , Sanskriti – Centre for Culture and Heritage, Travel and Tourism Diploma course and Certificate course in Human Rights.
- Organized International Workshop “ Eco-criticism – a multidisciplinary approach to ecology”.
Faculty members published papers at National and International Conferences.