"To prepare the students to learn, perform, excel and grow to face the challenges of this rapidly changing world of technology".
"Learning by Doing"
- To inculcate a scientific bent of mind
- To look at nature with Physics eye
Highlights of the Year 2017-18
- The academic year began with an Orientation program for the first year students, to give them an insight into the activities and achievements of the Department.
- Ms D.Sarala has been conferred the Honorary Degree of D.Litt by University of South America
- Ms S. Radhai has been conferred the Honorary Degree of D.Litt by University of South America
- Dr P Chandrasekhar gave a Demonstrative lecture on the “Applications of Robotics ” on 12th July 2017
- Dr G Swarnakumari gave a Guest Lecture on “Alkali and Alkaline Earth Metals” on 12th Sept, 2017.
- Sixteen students attended and volunteered for an All India Seminar on “Digital and Automation entry into the future factories” on July 14th and 15th , 2017 at Viswesvaraya Bhavan, Khairatabad.
- Eight students attended a Two Day Academies’ Lecture Workshop on 29th and 30th August, 2017 at Aurora’s College, Chikkadapally.
- Forty eight students attended the Hyderabad Lecture Series on “Blue LEDs and Transformative Electronics for developing Sustainable Smart Society” by Nobel Laureate Prof Hiroshi Amana, Director, Akasaki Research Centre, Japan, at University of Hyderabad on 3rd January 2018.
- The Annual Newsletter ‘The Current’ was released in the month of December.
- AnnPixels- the Photography Club, an initiative of the department organized “Photo Booth” on World Photography Day,19th August, 2017, so that interested students could share their creativity and passion for photography.
- “Physi- Fun”, a quiz competition was conducted on 22nd December 2017.
- Dhruva Club Activities – The members of Dhruva- The Science Club met on 20th Jan 2018. It was a perfect fusion of demonstrative physics, Video on ‘Quantum Nose’, General Quiz and fun activities.