Advancement and application of Nutrition Science for the promotion of well being of the society and equipping the students with relevant and substantial knowledge and skills.
- Department aims to make the students comprehend the concepts of Nutrition and gain a command over the subject to be applied in day to day life.
- To pursue Nutrition oriented courses as a career option.
- To ensure employability of the students through skill enhancement.
The Department concentrates its research on Anaemia among School children, Adolescent girls and Sports women. Nutrition project are undertaken in the areas of Body composition analysis of faculty members, Anaemia in college students, Food safety and adulteration and Product formulation, Development of a porridge/weaning mix/Nutrition supplement for Adolescent girls.
- The department of Nutrition offers UGC Add on Career Oriented Certificate Course in Nutrition, Dietetics and Fitness and a PG Diploma in Therapeutic Nutrition and Dietetics
- The department completed an inter departmental UGC Minor Research Project and organized a UGC sponsored State level workshop on Capacity Building of Women Managers in Higher Education
- Faculty members are recepients of Awards.