M.Sc , Ph.D
To lay strong foundation for life sciences in general and Microbiology in practice. To facilitate scientific temper, promote analytical thinking and help transition of students learning styles from passive to active.
UGC sponsored Minor research project: 2015 – 2017.
Principal Investigator : Dr. Sneha Gogte, HOD. Co investigator: CH. Jyothi, Lecturer.
Research Area : Antimicrobial action of herbal oils and their synergistic action.
Collaborative research with Dr. B. R. k. R. Government Ayurvedic College.
Consultancy provided to PG Students of Dr. B. R. k. R. Government Ayurvedic College , Hyderabad.
Consultancy work in the area of Antimicrobial Agar diffusion Assay.
In house projects by students – areas of work: Bacteriological analysis of milk samples, Antimicrobial activity of herbs.
• 25 batches of B.Sc undergrads and all with 100 % results.
• Alumni record available since 1988 batch.
• Alumni as researchers on global map.
• Hands on workshops and projects every year since 1988.
• Summer internships for students at IISER, IISC, NIN, Apollo hospitals, Global Hospital, every year
• IISER,pune Lecture series for students.
• DST INSPIRE workshops for students.
• Extension Activity-AIDS awareness drive since 1992 every year on 1st December in collaboration with Rotary International, Lions club, State Government
• Faculty workshop for 150 Biologists in collaboration with Biorad , USA, Indigenèse Biotechnologies.
• UGC sponsored Faculty training workshop on rDNA technology.
• Consultancy on antimicrobial assays of plant extracts or chemical compounds
• Research collaboration with State Government Ayurvedic college.
• UGC- CBW for women managers in HE a national level programme – conducted as Resource center.
• Department received UGC- MRP non UGC funded first dept to get grant independently in the college 2015-17