To visualize implementation of innovative concept and techniques, to inculcate the love for mathematics, A desire to excel in mathematics and research inclination.
- To aim at a larger move towards generality and unification in mathematics and develop theoretical knowledge and computational experience of it.
- To inculcate creativity in the minds of younger generation for their bright future and inculcate logical and analytical thinking.
- To provide clear route for innovative ideas and create a room for developing one’s own examples and exercises.
- To keep the students informed of the latest advancements in the field of mathematics.
Areas of Research
- Dr.Sr. P. Amrutha has research paper titled “CURRICULUM IN HIGHER EDUCATION IN INDIA: A NEED TO MOVE BEYOND THE BEST” in International Journal of Human Resources and Social Sciences with an impact factor 3.866
- Dr.Nirmala Xavier, Head, Department of Mathematics has research paper titled “GLUING BARYCENTRIC VERTICES OF ISOMORPHIC AND NON-ISOMORPHIC PRIME SHELL GRAPHS” to her credit published in International Journal of Mechanical and Production Engineering, Research and Development (IJMPERD) with ISSN (Print) : 2249-6890, ISSN (Online): 2249-8001, Impact Factor(JCC): 7.6197, NAAS Rating: 3.11, IBI Factor: 3.2, Vol.8, Special Issue 2, on November 2018, 327-332.
Highlights of the Year 2019-20
- Dr. Nirmala Xavier, Head Dept. of Mathematics was appointed as the regional expert committee member to evaluate e-content material in Mathematics for Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan.
- Dr. Nirmala Xavier, Head Dept. of Mathematics has been teaching Discrete Mathematics, Linear Algebra and Optimization techniques to the employees of WIPRO, pursuing their Masters at BITS PILANI in Software Engineering as part of BITS-WIPRO collaborative program. Revenue generated was Rs 1,20,000.
- Dr. Nirmala Xavier and Department of Mathematics have instituted “Dr. Sr. P.Amrutha Gold Medal” for faculty with the maximum number of papers published in UGC or Scopus indexed journals to encourage research work.
- Ms.Santoshi has been honoured with Rashtriya Gaurav Award by India International Friendship Society at a seminar on “Economic Growth and National Integration” at New Delhi.
- Ms.Saba was invited to Judge Ganitham-Concept based online math fair 2019-20 organized by KVRSS-Dr K V Rao Scientific Society ,for High School children of all the Southern states of India.
- Ms.Saba has been granted Doctor Of letters-D. Litt degree by the University of Central America ,recommended by Dr. S.RadhakrishnanTeachers Welfare Association , India.
- Ms.Gladys T, has been a resource person for Prameya Data Science Group teaching Linear Algebra, Statistics, Optimization techniques needed for Machine learning and Artificial Intelligence to Software Professionals and Engineering Students. Classes commenced on every Saturdays at People Soft, Kondapur. Revenue generated was Rs 40,000.
- As part of the department’s Green initiatives, Tree plantation was organized by the Department along with NSS volunteers of the college where saplings were planted in the campus.
- Plantation drive was also organized by the department at PAWMENCAP (Parents Association for the welfare of Mentally Challenged Persons) organization, where a large number of saplings were planted by staff and students.
- As one of its Best practices , the department runs a Math Club which is a distinctive club for advanced learners. It emphasizes on extra-curricular activities that breathe new life into mathematics beyond the classroom. The club increases engagement and show students that mathematics can be playful, exciting and full of wonder.
- Another bset practice is Puzzle of the Week which helps in enhancing the student’s problem-solving skills
- As part of Outreach/ Social responsibility activity, staff along with students visits the PAWMENCAP organization thrice every academic year to spend quality time with them in making them joyous and entertaining with few cultural activities. The department also provides financial aid to PAWMENCAP by inviting them to keep up stalls during annofesta.
- VISIT TO GOVERNMENT SCHOOL:passionate students serve as volunteer teachers, along with dedicated staff by paying regular visits to Government Upper Primary School (Bhojagutta) and Vijaya Lakshmi Government School to teach Vedic Mathematics and problem solving skills to upper primary students.