To disseminate and apply knowledge of plants science to everyday life for the betterment of the society.
To acquaint the students with the flora by collecting, identifying and presenting the plant specimens.
To foster awareness on the therapeutic values of medicinal plants in daily life.
To create environmental awareness and conservation of biodiversity.
To initiate a process of learning new skills that ensure employability.
Priority Areas of Research
• Plant stress physiology
• Medicinal Botany
• Plant Biodiversity
Highlights of the Year 2019-20
- Research Award SARA – Dr. (Mrs) P.Usha Shri.
- TCS consultancy from 2019-2022 - Dr. (Mrs) P.Usha Shri.
- Research proposal – DST – WOSA ‘A’ Women scientist - Dr. (Mrs) P.Usha Shri
- CPE project (Sanctioned) – Ms. P.V.Neeraja
- National level video contest on positive effect of lockdown on environment.
- Student level Workshop on “Tissue culture Protoplast technology and Micropropagation” .
- Member of BOS (St.Francis, Begumpet) – Ms.Kedarini
- International publications – 2
- MOU / Collaborations – 3 (Atlantis Phytotech, Param Science & technology, SETWIN – COC course).
- Final year student projects - 15
- E-manuals (III year ) - P5, P6, P7& P8 practicals
- Bot’Anne-Annual newsletter 2019-20
- Faculty participation:
- Online courses – 02
- Seminars / Webinars – 37
- FDP - 06
- Drawing competition on the theme ‘HAPPINESS’ – Government school students
- Conservation of Biodiversity – High school students.
- Mushroom cultivation.