The department envisages its students as academically Sound and well versed in Skills as young graduates. Department aims at building strong broad based foundation of this applied science which is rightly said to be the science of 21st century.
• Two students participated in summer internship programme at Institute of Genetics, Begumpet, Hyderabad and the students were awarded an extra credit
• Organized an Intercollegiate workshop on Plant tissue culture.
• Release of Newsletter ‘MOLECULAIRE’.
• Completed IDC Course on Plant tissue culture.
• Faculty members presented papers (2) in National Conference.
• Faculty member published a paper (1) in an International journal (IJSART).
• Guest lecturers were organized for all years of BBC students.
• Field trip was organized for III BBC students to AgriBiotech foundation, Rajender nagar, Hyderabad.
• An extension activity was organized on “ Health awareness programme” at Allaince international school,Golconda,Hyderabad
• An Intercollegiate competition “Genome Hunt” was organized during Anofesta
• IIBBC Students completed a project on “Tissue culture studies on mustard seeds”.