Email our department at :
Disseminating Knowledge is Power
Opening new vistas of dissemination of knowledge for the holistic development of the youth.
Library Working Hours: Monday- Saturday 8 A.M to 5P. M.
Library Collection: as on 6th October, 2017
|Total No of CDs/DVDS||2621|
|Total No of Journals (Print Journals)||126|
Library OPAC : Online Public Access Catalogue :
- OPAC Provides the access to the Library database.
- OPAC allows the users to know the library collection and the status of the Library Resources.
- OPAC allows the users to search the database by Title, Author, Call Number, Accession Number of the document/book.
- User can access Online Public Access Catalogue from any computer connected to the LAN.
Rules and Regulations:
- Strict silence should be maintained in the library.
- Books will be issued or renewed only if the student produces the identity card.
- Personal belongings are to be left in the rack at the entrance of the library. Only one note book is allowed inside. Valuables/Cell phones should not be left outside the library.
- Books are to be returned on the due date. A fine of 50 paisa per day will be charged for the books returned after the due date.
- Books are to be replaced in their respective shelves after reading and reference.
- Loss of library books should be immediately brought to the notice of the library. They should be replaced with the latest edition.
- Library books are to be used with care and returned without damage. Damaged books will not be accepted and must be replaced.
- Students must return all books/cards and settle any outstanding dues at the end of the academic year, to obtain the NO DUES certificate.
- Surveillance Cameras are installed in the library as a security measure.
- To extend support to teaching, learning and research initiatives of the college
- To provide access to internet, OPAC(Online Public Access Catalogue), and e-resources
- To create a suitable ambience for optimum usage of library resources/e-resources
- To assist in retrieval of reading material and e-resources.
- To forward new arrivals/publishers alerts to the faculty/users to improve the collection
- To provide career/ employment information resources/online alerts to the users
- To issue books/Journals/CDs/DVDs on an overnight basis in addition to the regular issue of books to the users to meet the needs of the users.
- To share resources with other libraries
- To extend services to the neighboring community, senior citizens, alumni by extending the available information resources.
- E-Resource hub is equipped with: 2 Servers, 18 computers, 2 Printers, 1 scanner, 2 Barcode Scanners, Reprographic machine, 25 Cubicles, LAN, SOUL 2.0 full edition/INFLIBNET/UGC.
- Library is a member of N-LIST (National Library and Information Services Infrastructure for Scholarly Content) providing access to e-resource to students, researchers and faculty members.
- The authorized users of the library can access e-resources and download articles from books & Journals required by them directly from the publisher’s website.
- Details of e-resources are accessible through the INFLIBNET’s proxy server http:nlist.inflibnet.ac.in. St. Ann’s staff and students are given the password against their names.
- www.doaj.org Directory of Open Access Journals,
- www.doabooks.org Directory of Open Access Books
- Users can have access to these resources from anywhere with the help of internet. Apart from this, several other online databases provide online access to faculty/students.
- ‘Know your Library’ - An orientation program wherein the Librarian addresses the new entrants and explains to them the important role of the library in higher education and the facilities/ services rendered for the users.
- Issue of one reference book/ CD/DVD daily on overnight basis, in addition to the regular issue of books is well appreciated by the students.
- Information Alert Services. A number of current awareness services to inform and alert its users.
- Displays important information of interest appearing in journals, newspapers, newsletters and other sources. Displays announcements of forthcoming conferences and international events, and list of articles of general interest scanned from the current issues of journals.
- Resource sharing (Inter Library Loan-ILL) arrangements with a number of organizations/ libraries.
- Offers an ambiance that is extremely conducive for assimilation and creation of new knowledge. Whereas the Internet has tended to isolate people, the library as a physical space, aims to do the opposite. Makes library space (both virtual and physical) more interactive, collaborative and driven by community needs.
- The Library strives to adapt to the changing scenario in terms of size of the collection, user requirements, technology application, organizational structures, and periodic up gradation.
- The Department of Library and Information Science Organized UGC Sponsored National Level Seminar: E-Literati: Information Literacy and the role of College libraries in sustaining lifelong learning skills among the users on 28th &29th January,2010
- Organanized UGC-INFLIBNET sponsored one day workshop on User Awareness Program on N-List on 18th July, 2012.
- Organized a two day National level Workshop On Digital Library Using Dspace in collaboration with University Library, OU, sponsored by UGC on 12-13th February, 2015
Student Centric Activities
- • Organizing Book Exhibitions by leading publishers and booksellers
- • Organizing Competitions such as debates, book reading, book talks, collage, photography-captioning, role play, and mega quiz in collaboration with other departments.
• Services and resources are being provided to nearby schools and slum areas to develop awareness about books and reading habits.
• Book bank facility is provided for SC/ST, economically backward students/the auxiliary staff and their children throughout their tenure of education in our college.
• Our growing user community is reaching out to the general public, senior citizens and alumni who are availing the knowledge resources from our library. This service is very well appreciated by our alumni and general public.