SACReD – St. Ann’s Centre for Research and Development
The role of research in an academic institution is significant for its sustainability and development, and it is imperative to have knowledge-driven growth based on innovation. Developing and maintaining undergraduate and post graduate research programs benefits students, faculty mentors, and the university. Incorporating a research component along with a sound academic foundation enables students to develop independent critical thinking skills along with oral and written communication skills.
With these facts in view, the institution has established a centralized interdisciplinary research lab, SACReD, for faculty and students which was strengthened under autonomy with the following Vision & objectives.
Vision : Converging thoughts of different kind onto a common Platform.
To create awareness and opportunities in Research and Development among the students & faculty.
- To provide a platform for design thinking and sharing information.
- To provide direction to the researchers to undertake research activities and development projects offered by various funding agencies
- To create Research and Development atmosphere in every department.
- To promote interdisciplinary research across all the disciplines.
The Research centre is 600 sq.ft, housing facilities including a Library and reading room
- Facilities available- Computer facility with net connectivity, printer scanner and an LCD projector. Software package SPSS/PASW – product analysis software used for both qualitative and quantitative analysis in research.
- Equipment and Instrument chamber
- Aseptic Zone
- Work stations
The research cell is well equipped with the instruments and equipments.
Outcome of Sacred:
The following are few specific outcomes of the research activities as a result of research work done at Central Instrumentation Facility-
- Launching of online Journal AnnQuestwith ISSN 2323-3043 and Impact Factor – 4.35 (Cosmos)
- Annfolio – a consultancy brochure through which services and expertise of faculty are made visible and accessible
- Faculty Award for excellence in research, SARA
- Financial support for faculty:
- For paper publications – National and International.
- For attending conferences, FDP.
- SEED money for research projects.
- Financial incentives for publications.
- MRP sanctioned by UGC and other funding agencies
- Interdisciplinary Projects (CPE+UGC)
- Seminars /Training programs organized